Monday, June 23, 2008

Introduction

Welcome to The Wall. In an effort to jump on the band wagon of this blogging craze, I've decided to take bits, pieces and small excerpts of my life and many of the lives around me and bring them to the public. However, I'm adding a bit of a twist to this so-called artistic, new age form of expression. Let's face it, blogging is mainly a vent for emotional people that feel they have some sort of literary talent but no real audience to listen to. Sometimes we get the occasional thinker who brings laughter straight to your Google Reader day in and day out (Failblog = amazing), yet many times we are daunted and overwhelmed by the sheer mass of, well, emotional baggage that idiotic people (which there are plenty of) seem to feel so necessary in expressing to the connected world.

F--- that.

This blog will act as a selective forum for young professionals that don't care about anything, that don't know what they really want to do in life, that are just caught in this end-of-college stage (who are extremely lucky and are being set up for a huge fall come the end of their schooling) or at the start of some dry and drudging job where the primary excitement comes when a new draft is installed in the pub you most frequent. The conversations and ideas that ensue between people in this scenario, however, have proven to be some of the most entertaining instances in my life. Why not capture them?

There is no theme. There are no rules. There is only an environment that provides enlightenment on the world as "young professionals" see them. Initially, as all blogs start, I will be the main contributor. Yet I implore you to consider contributing. I intend for this environment to grow, to be a library of hilarity that we can call sanctuary when our menial and tedious tasks render our minds useless; a haven to perturb and remove the notions of selling our souls for five dollars to our best friend with blue hair.

(Note: I hope you agree with me that the use of quotations is overused in almost every situation, which is why I feel it necessary to justify it's usage in this context. The people providing entries will be referred to as young professionals, yet may not be employed, may be drug addicts or may not be professional in their daily routines. Therefore, referring to them as professional may be misconstrued creating a basis for which to use quotation marks.)


DW

No comments: