Friday, October 23, 2009

I still remember

A sense of wonder.

Not excitement or awe, just wonder, at how a person can think so clearly and yet too much, to the point that, regardless of the transparency of the thoughts, the volume is too numerous to provide insight and yield closure.

I often find myself in this position. Put plainly: I think too much ( I suppose that blogging is indicative of that). Furthermore, I have been finding it difficult to remember what other people mention to me, but I can remember all of my own thoughts exceptionally well. While some may consider this advantageous, I find it to be very troublesome: The items that I want to remember - contributions from others - tend to pass through my mind, and the issues that I want to forget reside solely in my head.

Perhaps this is an opportunity to learn and grow - an identified issue that I can address consciously and actively change. Perhaps the identification of the issue is just that - an acknowledgement of a problem to live with. Or it's one of those things that you can't change - a characteristic of myself and those around me need to understand it, as do I.

Regardless, I still remember that I need to cope with it in some way. This will be hard.





No comments: